Re: [dev] Some thoughts about XML

From: Evan Buswell <ebuswell_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 16:17:39 -0700

It's still UTF-8 in practice. It's just IMO not the job of parsers of
this sort to start enforcing or translating the character set of
strings. All the parser has to look for is \" " and \\. I can care
that this is UTF-8 when I need to, and not care otherwise. I didn't
start replacing commas with null bytes or ridiculous crap like that.