Re: [dev] [st] [patch] Cleanup config.def.h, eliminate mappedkeys, simplify matching.

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 18:05:09 +0200

Greetings.

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 18:05:09 +0200 Mark Edgar <medgar123_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> However, since (I'm assuming) the only point of mappedkeys[] or
> sorting key[] is for performance, and since there is no measurable
> performance difference among these three versions, I think the
> simplest code should win. Of course, it's possible that on someone's
> system there is a noticeable performance difference, but this would be
> surprising to me. On my system, making one million calls to kmap() and
> checking all key[] entries on each call takes 0.7s. I don't know
> anyone who can type that fast. :)

Are you on some kind of drugs? That optimisation there is for me, be‐
cause I type faster than that. Otherwise things get too slow in st.

Please stop pushing your Java mentality that created suckless into suck‐
less projects. Yes, there are people stronger, more fit and more devel‐
oped than you.

The patch is rejected.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann