Re: tinycore - Used to be [dev] I'm back

From: Carlos Torres <vlaadbrain_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 20:46:41 -0400

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 3:23 AM, Jens Staal <staal1978_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday 21 October 2013 14:43:16 Carlos Torres wrote:
>> so then...on a separate topic is stali meant to be a distro that sucks
>> at being extensible?
>> or is it meant to be a distro thats simple, lean and yet extensible.
>
> If I understood it correctly it would have an "/emul" directory or similar for
> legacy dynamically linked apps (most likely a (s)chroot of a regular distro
> like Arch or Gentoo).

ok, in that case, suppose suckless rolls its own stali version of tinycore,
and replaces the part of the init scripts that deal with loading tcz's and
mounting them through loopback. and not using tce.installed scripts et.al.
then maybe tinycore would be good. but there are other distros that
already do not use that are are small too.