Re: [dev] [dwm] spawn and monitor placement

From: Carlos Torres <vlaadbrain_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 09:35:53 -0500

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 6:05 AM, Martin Kopta <martin_AT_kopta.eu> wrote:
> Hi, I am still having problems with placement of windows while using two
> monitors [1]. I am using latest git version of dwm.
> When I have cursor on VGA1 and launch dmenu, it is created on VGA1.

I noticed the same behavior and i remember this is one of the last changes cls
made to dmenu. my workaround is to simply apply the warp [1] patch.
This patch is usefull if you don't mind having your cursor move around as
you switch focus around windows and monitors. it also makes the root
window get focus which makes new windows open on that monitor.
additionally i like that the cursor follows the focus. makes it easier for me
to find the mouse cursor (if i need to use it) and with multiple monitors
requires less travel.

[1]: http://dwm.suckless.org/patches/dwm-5.9-warp.diff