Re: Tags as tags (Was: [dev] Desktop warping for DWM?)

From: <stanio_AT_cs.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 15:27:11 +0200

* FRIGN 2013-11-17 13:51
> However, I already had gotten used to the workflow in a tiling
> manager. Having to use the mouse to scale the windows and rely on those
> few workspaces just showed me how much better it is to be able to
> assign tags to specific windows. This flexibility is just impossible in
> normal wm's, just for the reason, because tiling isn't the way to go
> for beginners.

huh. What's got tiling to do with tagging?

It's not about noobs, beginners, experts whatsoever. It's about
willingness to try out different workflows and paradigms and see what is
efficient for you. And for each user the mileage varies.

That said, a while ago I read the post with the key binding suggestions,
gave them a try, and have lived with them happily ever since.

2ct

--s.