Re: Tags as tags (Was: [dev] Desktop warping for DWM?)

From: Chris Down <chris_AT_chrisdown.name>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 20:31:59 +0800

On 2013-11-17 11:28:46 +0100, FRIGN wrote:
> It inherently does, as most beginners are taught the
> Windows/Ubuntu/Gnome-way, which is in fact not offering huge variety
> for testing out different usage-concepts.

To apply that broadly to all users that don't find tags-as-tags
particularly useful is not really a good way of providing evidence for a
claim. The reason I generally use tags-as-windows rather than
tags-at-tags, for example, is not any one of these things, but because I
don't usually have a need to intersect them, since what is on each tag
tends to be of a different topic to those around it, and I am very
aggressive about closing currently unneeded clients.

I use tags-as-tags when it's more useful than tags-as-desktops. For my
particular line of work, often the two manifest identically.