Re: [dev][announce] slm - music curation

From: Bobby Powers <bobbypowers_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 10:25:11 -0500

Hi,

Charlie Kester <corky1951_AT_comcast.net> wrote:
> Do you also support using other ID3 fields to build the database? My
> music files are already stored in artist/album/ subdirectories. What
> I'd really like is to have them symlinked to subdirs based on genre.
> Maybe year too, in case I'm feeling nostalgic and want to play stuff
> from a particlar era.

Right now I only use the id3 tags mentioned. It would be pretty
trivial to use other ones, but I haven't had a need for it myself. If
there is interest I can add (or accept patches) to pull out more id3
tags into the Tags structure, so that personal patches that make
additional DB directories are easier to carry.

yours,
Bobby