Re: [dev] portable photoshop-like lite application based on C?

From: patrick295767 patrick295767 <patrick295767_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 10:23:02 +0100

"You're running gimp from a USB stick? Why is that? Or are you
running it on some horrible shared Windows terminal thing?"

Sure. When I am using Windows, I need sometimes to use Linux without
touching anything. So I run Debian from the USB stick. It must remain
very light and fast. Compared to a Live cdrom, I appreciate that it
remains, always, pretty lightweight. Since I installed it myself, I
control its content. I have a distro of about 800 Mbytes with X and
useful framebuffer programs, such as a light pdfviewer.
I haven't python for instance ;) What for? it is slow. Nothing faster
than C coded apps.