Re: [dev] [wiki] Add suckless init

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 12:50:32 +0100

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 14:10:23 +0100
Hiltjo Posthuma <hiltjo_AT_codemadness.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 2:35 PM, YpN <ypn_AT_autistici.org> wrote:
> >
> > I often read the "rocks" page on http://suckless.org and
> > I like it. I found some useful programs.
> > Do you think I could add a section about init? I know ignite
> > and busybox init, it might be interesting.
>
> I've been using runit-musl with the ignite scripts and it works really
> well. I still need to replace udev with busybox mdev or smdev.
>
> Links:
> runit: http://smarden.org/runit/
> ignite: https://github.com/chneukirchen/ignite
> conference talk about runit and ignite: http://suckless.org/conference

Reading through the mails and having been knowing runit for quite a while now, I think it is a great suckless component we could use for stali, especially in regard to the already available scripts to use.
However, maybe forking it and optimizing things here and there may be a cool idea, given the project doesn't appear to be maintained by the developer anymore.

What do you think?

Cheers

FRIGN

--