[dev] strlcpy and strlcat

From: Daniel Bryan <danbryan_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 13:32:44 +1100

I just read this message by an OpenBSD developer on the prevalence of
strlcpy in the OpenBSD ports tree:

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=138733933417096&w=2

I'd like to know what the opinion here is of these functions. I've so
far avoided them, but it seems like there's an argument to be made for
their simplicity, though they're not POSIX standard.

I've found myself wishing for an alternate universe where standard libc
string handling was done with a (buf, bufsize) pair. No chance of that
though.