Re: [dev] l9fb: Linux framebuffer over 9p server

From: Jens Staal <staal1978_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 12:59:09 +0100

On Wednesday 25 December 2013 13:36:29 Strake wrote:
> https://github.com/strake/l9fb
>
> Future goals:
> * make a terminal emulator
> * make a tiling window organizer with same interface
> * make the X window system my ex-window system

Very cool!

Would it be possible to hook up the "devwsys" to this? The devwsys project
aims (as far as I have understood it) to unify the different /dev/draw
intefaces for various Plan9-inspired things on *nix/X11 hosts (for example,
Plan9port, Inferno, 9vx, drawterm) and also make it more portable to other
graphics systems.

http://summerofdevdraw.blogspot.com/
https://bitbucket.org/yiyus/devwsys-prev/overview

Alternatively, using your 9P connection to the linux framebuffer, would it be
possible to make a plan9port including rio, acme etc without X11 dependencies?

Second question: Will this require working directfb drivers for the graphics
card in order to get optimal resolution out of the hardware?