[dev] [dwm] flextile patch for 6.1

From: Jonathan <johonaton_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 11:49:03 -0500

Hello all,

I've been using dwm for a bit on my laptop in both a docked and mobile
configuration, which involves frequent switching between portrait and
landscape monitor layouts. The default tiling mode isn't quite optimal for
this. As a result I've done a bit of work reviving the original flextile
patch by joten_AT_freenet.de.

This wasn't a pure update on the patch against 5.8.2. As-is, I manually
took code chunks from the original patch, rewrote it a bit to use the
now-included nmaster code, and rolled the per-tag attributes into a
separate struct (much like the pertag patch) to avoid moving the Monitor
struct definition out of dwm.c.

I've attached the current diff, but have not submitted this patch update to
the original wiki entry as I'm unsure of best practice in this case, and I
may experiment with some enhancements.

Best regards,

Jon