[dev] Re: [dwm] xtile patch

From: Carlos Pita <carlosjosepita_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 22:22:56 -0200

Some additional doc I should have included in the previous document:

Layout symbol
-------------------

The layout symbol will probably look cryptic at first sight but it's
very easily decoded. It consists of three characters, one for the
direction of each area:

* Global area: '<', '>', 'v', '^', just think of it as an arrow that
points in the
  direction of the master area.

* Master area: '|' for vertically tiled masters and '-' for
horizontally tiled masters.

* Stack area: same as for the master area.

For example, '<||' stands for the default right stack tile provided by
dwm and '^--' stands for bstack (as defined by the bottom stack
patch).