Re: [dev] [sbase] move mknod(1) to ubase

From: Roberto E. Vargas Caballero <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 23:46:54 +0100

> Quoting from the POSIX page on mknod(2).
>
> "The only portable use of mknod() is to create a FIFO-special file. If
> mode is not S_IFIFO or dev is not 0, the behavior of mknod() is unspecified."
>
> So I suspect not. Any ideas?

Uhmm, it looks bad. If we want to be 100% POSIX complaint then we have to move
mknod to ubase, and change the mknod system call of tar (and next archivers that
could be implemented in sbase) to a system("mknod ...").

Other point is to think what is the number of system where makedev is not
supported, because maybe the list is really small.

Regards,

--
Roberto E. Vargas Caballero