[dev] [tools] mouse button binding and key event generation

From: Carlos Torres <vlaadbrain_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 13:08:18 -0500

Hello,
  I've written two tools which i'm using to bind my mouse thumb
buttons ctrl+h and ctrl+l i use those with surf.

   [1] xbmouse simple binds either a ButtonPress or ButtonRelease of a
Button (by number) to a command
   [2] xkev generates simple key events with optional modifiers
(shift,control,meta,alt,super,hyper) both left and right. I'm not
sure if that covers Alt Gr though...

example:
  xbmouse -b 8 xkev -c -e h

yes there are tools that already do this, (xbindkeys & xvkdb) and
others... i thought these were simpler, and they don't require guile
or autotools etc...

[1] https://github.com/vlaadbrain/xbmouse
[2] https://github.com/vlaadbrain/xkev

Enjoy!