Re: [dev] ncurses or ...

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 23:03:50 +0100

On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 01:35:46 +0200
Dimitris Zervas <dzervas_AT_dzervas.gr> wrote:

> Shouldn't we create a new TUI library?

Writing TUI's is a PITA, let alone a new TUI-library, because there are
so many kinds of terminals around to support.
It certainly would require chewing a lot of manuals on this topic to
get something which "works almost everywhere".

But I would never discourage anybody of at least making the effort.

You might want to check out termbox[1] as an example for a really lean
minimal implementation, which, however, unfortunately relies on waf and
of course doesn't offer Ncurse's portability.

Cheers

FRIGN

[1]: <https://github.com/nsf/termbox/>
--