Re: [dev] Announcing sinit - the suckless init

From: Eckehard Berns <ecki-suckless_AT_ecki.to>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 14:44:11 +0100

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 12:31:59PM +0000, sin wrote:
> I just pushed a simple implementation of getty[1] to ubase. Would
> be nice to see if that works ok with your setup (and maybe get rid of
> fgetty ;-)).

I didn't dare to ask if there was a suckless getty :) Thanks for that!

I could only test it briefly. At first it seemed to work as expected.
Then I realized that you cheated your way around asking for the
username. On Slackware /bin/login times out after 60 seconds which will
clutter the vt after a couple of minutes with timeout messages and login
prompts. So it seems that getty should ask for the username first even
if login could do it as well.

--
Eckehard Berns