Re: [dev] Article about suckless on root.cz

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 10:42:28 +0100

On 21 February 2014 08:34, FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Feb 2014 10:26:54 +0100
> Joerg Jung <mail_AT_umaxx.net> wrote:
>
>> In general, I totally agree here. Unfortunately netsurf engine seems
>> not be ready yet, for upcoming websites with html5/css3.
>
> As I proposed in my reply earlier to this post (you might want to check
> it out, even though it's a bit lengthy), it would be sufficient to
> implement CSS3-selectors. Who needs round borders and shadows? :P

Honestly, HTML5 is not so much about CSS3/rendering. It is much more
about the JS environment and all the related APIs.
*The* significant effort in browser projects today is all about HTML5
APIs that are being used through JavaScript. The rendering aspect is
pretty small in comparision.

So if stali wants to be some serious alternative to the expert
computer user, there is no space for w3m-ng style browsers
capabilities.

-Anselm