Re: [dev] [ANNOUNCE] dvtm-0.11

From: Bryan Bennett <bbenne10_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 09:53:14 -0400

I'm currently playing with the tagging branch and I've managed to reduce the
tagging code to two modfiers. I'm using Ctrl+A + {1,2,3,4} for view,
Ctrl+A + {!,_AT_,#,$} for tag (so it mirrors dwm's keybinds a bit). I'm also
using Ctrl+S + {1,2,3,4} for toggletag and Ctrl+S + {!,_AT_,#,$} for toggleview.
This replicates tmux pretty well for me, so I'm a pretty happy camper with
regards to this portion. However, I've noticed that screen drawing seems...
wonky. (particularly with vim) I have installed the 'new' terminfo (not sure
if it changed; didn't think to check till now...) to no avail. Was some of the
redrawing logic that was changed in 0.11 changed in rebasing tagging
onto master?

I'm also not 100% clear on what toggleview should actually DO.
'view' brings a tag into view (and discards any other tags from the view)
'tag' "sends" a client to a tag (much like "send to dekstop" does in most wms)
'toggletag' brings a tag into your current view.
'toggleview' doesn't seem to do...anything.