Re: [dev] [dmenu] [path] segfault on XK_Return when nothing matched

From: Chris Down <chris_AT_chrisdown.name>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 10:49:09 +0800

Anton Ermolenko writes:
> I've tried to use dmenu to open URLs with surf and discovered that it
> crashes with segfault when you hit return on a word which hasn't matches.

Is "it" dmenu or surf? Assuming I have understood your report correctly
(dmenu segfaults when you hit return on a word with no match), on Linux
x86_64 with dmenu 4.5:

    $ dmenu < /dev/null # enter 1
    1
    $ dmenu < /dev/null # hit enter

    $

> Patch tested with dmenu 6.0 sources.

There is no such thing as dmenu 6.0 yet (we are currently at 4.5). If
you mean dmenu 4.0, you're using a version that is about 5 years old.

If you could clarify the steps to reproduce your problem, assuming they
are not what I did, it would be helpful. Thanks.