[dev] lock (1) - where does it go?

From: Calvin Morrison <mutantturkey_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 10:25:48 -0400

new program, new tools, new thread.

I'd like lock to belong somewhere. FRIGN and I privately discussed
submitting it to moreutils, a package which contains unix utilities
which didn't quite make it into coreutils, but are still useful.

He says:

> Frankly, I don't like the idea. Moreutils is licensed under the GPL, which is not favorable.

I agree that GPL is a sucky license, but moreutils is widely
distributed and available for most all linux systems via package
manager. This gives the tool more popularity.

> I'd suggest we do this job and then submit it to the _suckless-repo_ (including a proper Makefile for easy installation) ;)."

I agree with this, I love suckless, i've been using these tools for
years. What would I do without it? yet we are doomed to obscurity.

so

1) submit it to the suckless repository, if the community so desires
2) submit to moreutils, sacrifice license (well technically anyone
could use my current version under its current BSD like license)
3) do nothing, let it sit on my website.

Thoughts?