Re: [dev] [dwm] trayless workflow

From: Yuri Karaban <suckless_AT_dev97.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 10:43:37 +0300

Hi James!

Thank you for your insights, but my original concern was about missing
something important when tag is hidden, and urgency hint is just right
for that.

I aware how tags works, but I don't like mixing programs: I'm using
editor and browser often, but I don't want to see them on the same
screen.

Basically workspaces and tags are the same thing, and internally
implemented in similar way, with the only difference that workspaces
establish 1:1 mapping and tags establish N:M mapping.

But even with dwm I still would use 1:1 mapping. My brain is single
threaded, and I'm better concentrating on work when I have just one
application before my eyes. When I switch type of work, I'm switching
workspaces. It's natural to me.

--
Quod nocet, saepe docet