Re: [dev][project] soap - a simple xdg-open replacement

From: 7heo <7heo_AT_mail.com>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2014 17:32:39 +0200

On 5/4/2014 4:58 PM, Chris Down wrote:
> That's a rather convoluted way of putting it, I meant what Google gives
> as definition 1 for "instance": "an example".

I don't trust Google, and I'm not going to take any definition from
them. Ever read 1984? You should. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newspeak

> My seconds use is perhaps a little unclear, sorry. I meant "the shell
> quoting [method used in soap] does not handle existing instances [of
> single quotes] inside single quotes".

Thanks for explaining that one. Yes soap escapes single quotes, and
therefore, makes any single-quoted string non-terminable by its content.

I still don't see any problem here. ;)