Re: [dev][project] soap - a simple xdg-open replacement

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 15:15:33 +0200

On Tue, 6 May 2014 14:06:21 +0200
Branislav Blaskovic <branislav_AT_blaskovic.sk> wrote:

> Just take a look at ranger and it's sub-app rifle. It does what you
> are describing but have a lot of more options.
> http://ranger.nongnu.org/
> Branislav Blaškovič
> www.blaskovic.sk

Ranger is a fine piece of software, but written in Python, which is not
what I consider ideal. Looking at rifle, it definitely offers some good
options, but is generally directed at persons who don't configure their
software themselves[1].

Now, apart from the fallback-mode I don't see "a lot more options".
Yes, the config's bloated, but that's not advanced. The strict
dependence on mimes (still, no custom URL-parsing!) makes it rather
unfavorable and is, again, not meant to replace xdg-open.

Cheers

FRIGN

[1]: https://github.com/hut/ranger/blob/master/ranger/config/rifle.conf

--