[dev] Re: [ANNOUNCE] req 1.0 - a gawk und dmenu powered plumberlike

From: Robert Figura <nc-figuraro_AT_netcologne.de>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 15:28:57 +0200

On Fri, 9 May 2014 14:42:22 +0200
"Roberto E. Vargas Caballero" <k0ga_AT_shike2.com> wrote:

> > Fine. Sorry. But i still doubt that implementation to be a reasonable
> > choice:

> I wanted to remark that your assertion about awk authors and awk is not true
> (you know, k of awk comes from Kernighan).

You sure? Latest i heard was this (not quite on topic):

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.standards.posix.austin.general/9273/focus=794

So we could ask, but again, my impression is that he's maintaining the
one true awk for historical reasons. After all, here he does sort of
endorse gawk:

http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/awkbook/index.html

Btw, what did you mean by blow process? Arnold is one of the most
conservative maintainers i've seen in the gnu.

Greetings
  - Robert Figura