Re: [dev][project] soap - a simple xdg-open replacement

From: Dmitrij D. Czarkoff <czarkoff_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 21:35:44 +0200

FRIGN said:
> This is a solution, but who likes dealing with this xdg-crap if he
> doesn't even have desktop-icons.

Why do you need xdg at all then?

> Soap doesn't break it either. If the package-manager overwrites the
> soap-xdg-open, you just go to your soap-repo and reinstall it.

Your software calls xdg-open, so either you install soap as
$PREFIX/xdg-open or it is not used. In former case you overwrite
$PREFIX/xdg-open from xdg-utils.

> I've been thinking about scrapping xdg-open completely and make soap
> configurable in a way that it doesn't need to rely on xdg-open any more.

BTW, what is wrong with just using st & dmenu for this stuff?

> Wow! And you complain about the "danger" of my `-escaped
> shell-parameter.

I didn't. I complained about custom format in place of standard
mailcap.

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff