Re: [dev] [GENERAL] License manifest

From: Amadeus Folego <amadeusfolego_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 10:20:26 -0300

Hi there,

I just noticed most of suckless projects use the MIT License, and I just
wondered if there was any place on the suckless wiki that stated why
this was preferred, but found none.

So I thought that maybe this was something largely discussed already and
searched on the mailing list archives but found nothing as well.

So, given this context, is there any manifesto about this particular License
choice? E.G is there a reason to avoid GPL?

And if there is any consensus on this, can we display it somewhere
visible on the wiki?

Kind regards, Amadeus.