Re: [dev] [st][patch] Allow mouse selection override using ShiftMask

From: Raphaël Proust <raphlalou_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 16:02:21 +0100

On 12 May 2014 15:41, Roberto E. Vargas Caballero <k0ga_AT_shike2.com> wrote:
>> [1]: from dvtm(1) manpage:
>> Copy and Paste
>> By default dvtm captures mouse events to provide the
>> actions listed below. Unfortunately this
>
> Why these actions should be provided by dvtm? X server supplies for
> all the programs, so I think is the correct place for it, because in
> other case you need to duplicate this functionality in all the programs.

The one reason (I can think of) you might want the applications to
take care of it themselves is if your applications want to bind
Shift+mouse to a different action (e.g., currently dvtm changes focus
on click, you might rig dvtm to set Shift+click to zoom the clicked
terminal into the master area). If your terminal captures Shift+click,
then the applications cannot capture that themselves.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Proust