Re: [dev] C coded cross-platform youtube video viewer

From: patrick295767 patrick295767 <patrick295767_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 12:38:51 +0200

- "Unless I’m mistaken, suckless in general advocates for
statically-linked standard C libraries of reasonable size.
http://suckless.org/rocks"

Actually, this page http://suckless.org/rocks could be better.
Many useful lightweight applications are not listed.
This very old, SC, is not listed.
The program SCROT is also not listed. SCROT is a fantastic tool to have.
and so on... Cliword, Clisheet for office apps could be there too....
anyhow, it is already a wide list of tools to use. There is also
http://cli-apps.org/ that may review few more apps (maybe not so
lightweight).

- I agree regarding the previous msg of this thread ; do you really
need to have on your system all those heavy stuffs java, python,
perl, lua, ruby, ... installed to do sthg.

- Btw, ...
I am very disappointed more about this package:
    reportbug <--- man, it needs python? Come on.

    Luckily, that apt-get does not depends on python ;)