Re: [dev] C coded cross-platform youtube video viewer

From: Teodoro Santoni <asbrasbra_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 16:14:21 +0200

You're speaking like you're using some OS in which, during runtime,
the code of that software written with a scripting language
is passed through a dispatcher that recalls namespace sessions
and, then, to a limited number of scripting interpreters loaded
and daemonised in memory when available for executing code,
without seeing an interpreter for every process spawned
by every scripted program, which is what happens on my uglybuntu
with programs written with scripting languages.

Although it's true that it's a waste of data downloading the
whole damn language everytime you need the ultimate geek
hipsterish idea put down on iPad during a pause spent taking a
sh*t... But an interpreter is a parser and some modules
dynamically loaded, most of the time with scripting langs, so
dunno, when deploying a package nobody impedes a distro community
to deploy a JIT compiler that loads some of the modules during
compilation. Or saying f*ck the whole script idea and rewrite
the whole thing in C/Go/Pascal/Ada/whatever you like to compile.

--
Teodoro Santoni