Re: [dev] [st] Blank lines not preserved

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 21:47:13 +0200

On Wed, 21 May 2014 14:34:18 -0500
Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> I would think so as well, but I've been wrong before; apparently
> breaking color compatibility with practically every other terminal with
> 256 color support [is a feature][1], so some commentary from one of the
> official / core maintainers would be nice.

My commentary: The other terminals don't set the "standard", and if,
most of the time, standards suck.
What do you define by "color compatibility" anyway? Do you take a
screenshot of your terminal and compare it with ones from other
terminals?

It's about predictability (imho, all other terminals overcomplicate
color-management). And that's why I agree on the "copy"-part, which
definitely needs to be fixed, as the software behaves unpredictably.

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>