Re: [dev] Alpine Linux switched to musl libc

From: Silvan Jegen <s.jegen_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 13:09:57 +0200

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Jens Staal <staal1978_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> I am dual booting this distro at the moment. Very easy to install and set-up
> with nice instructions on the web page.

Sounds good!

> I definitely find it a desktop-class distro (however due to various needs,
> especially Libre Office for collaborative writing stuff at work I still have Arch
> as primary OS).

So the biggest issue for you is the missing LibreOffice (and, I
assume, other desktop-oriented) packages? That is unfortunate but not
a fundamental problem, I think.

I am definitely tempted to install the distro on my old Aspire One
that I haven't booted up in about a year... what intrigues me the most
is using a non-glibc-based user space and compare the experience to
using a glibc-based one.