Re: [dev] suckless distro

From: Balazs Kezes <rlblaster_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 12:25:49 +0100

On 2014-06-24 12:39 +0200, Dmitrij D. Czarkoff wrote:
> The most suckless aspect of Arch is nearly undisposable systemd, I
> believe.

Assuming you've meant "suckful". :)

Excuse my ignorance but can you elaborate on the "undisposability" of
systemd? I'm running Arch on two machines (armv6 and x86_64) and found
no problems writing a basic init[1] and a shell script[2] which brings
up all the necessary stuff I need (without the fancy stuff like
restarting the services and so on) and then using that instead of
systemd. All I needed just change the bootline in the bootloader
configs.

The only thing systemd I depend on is systemd-udevd and only because I
did not care to look for alternatives.

Or is it possible I use my machines too minimalistically and that's why
I don't see what's missing?

[1] https://github.com/ypsu/desktop-configuration/blob/my-rpi/system/init.c
[2] https://github.com/ypsu/desktop-configuration/blob/my-rpi/system/boot.sh

--