Re: [dev] suckless distro

From: Sylvain BERTRAND <sylware_AT_legeek.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 14:38:27 +0200

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 11:57:27AM +0100, Dimitris Papastamos wrote:
> Nobody cares how you build the kernel.

Ok, you are from those who does not care.

Unfortunately, I'm from those who do care. Then I should not care
about stali once I hit linux kernel issues. From now, I may have a
look at stali only from a userland perspective, I thank you for
the hint.

Fine.

----
Now, I exit the context of stali.
I'm looking for feedback on "live" huge linux kernel, which are
able to mount a rather "standard" root filesystem by itself with
the kernel parameter like rootfs=UUID=38873-47398743.... (the
proper init process being selected with init=... kernel
parameter).
Probably not a 0-module linux but a linux with all disk drivers
and the root filesystem modules, for instance:
 - ext4 related modules.
 - all usb controller drivers with USB mass-storage driver.
 - all disk controller drivers.
This linux should be pretty "live", what do you all reckon?
--
Sylvain