Re: [dev] arrow in the knee because of the GNU GPL???

From: Dimitris Papastamos <sin_AT_2f30.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 00:02:24 +0100

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 06:33:17AM +0900, Philip Rushik wrote:
> Nobody can take your code and make it non-free under a MIT/BSD license,
> they can only make their modifications non-free.

I am confused. The BSD 3-Clause License[0] states the following:

"Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:"

Specifically in regards to binary redistribution:

"2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution."

The MIT/X license allows for this as well.

Am I missing something here?

[0] http://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause