Re: [dev] reboot, arrow in the knee because of the GNU GPL???

From: Sylvain BERTRAND <sylware_AT_legeek.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 01:53:14 +0200

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 02:59:09AM +0800, Chris Down wrote:
> Sylvain,
>
> You've had positive contributions here before. Please have consideration
> for the many subscribers who are here to participate in discussion
> related to suckless.org and suckless philosophy, and have no interest in
> meaningless mud slinging between two people.
>
> There is a good way to approach discussion, and a bad way; certainly
> this thread falls in the latter category. Cool down, take some time out,
> and then reapproach the problem with a more productive mindset that
> isn't focussed on baying for public humiliation. :-)
>
> Thanks.

I'm very disappointed: I was the guy who was attacked on his
published work on internet (in a rather clumsy and harsh way).

Nethertheless, when I'm about to get a very important piece of
information, I'm only being silenced for good and I get more bashing?

That piece of information: a real life issue with the GNU GPL
license (which end up being a dirty lie?).

It seems some "subscribers" may be malicious accounts to sabotage
any attempt to get a constructive argument (directed against some
specific people?).

Do note that the "people" behind those accounts are worth quite less
than those from microsoft/apple/sap/oracle/etc, even if they
write open source software.

Well... it's the price of a public mailing-list, I guess.

cheers,

--
Sylvain