Re: [dev] [sent] simple presentation tool

From: Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 23:55:56 +0200

Dimitris Papastamos wrote:
> I use catpoint[0] which depends on curses.

I thought about holding presentations in vim or some other terminal app, but the
thought of having two colorschemes for my terminal emulator didn't appeal to me
that much. I like to not be blinded by high contrast when working, but you can
not rely on high contrast projectors when holding presentations. Introducing a
second high contrast theme and a patch for st to easily switch between the two
would not really follow the unix philosophy, so I wrote sent.

I held a presentation using sent yesterday and appart from a minor usage failure
it worked very well. The presenter that was provided did send keycodes for
XK_Next/XK_Prev and those two keys were mapped to jump 10 slides
forward/backward, so I could not use the presenter. I also accidentally pressed
XK_Up/XK_Down which jumped 5 slides forward/backward. Therefore I changed all
default bindings in config.def.h to just advance one slide.

Also I finished png rendering support (adapted from meh) today. Check it out.

--Markus