Re: [dev] Re: sic or ii, whats the main differences?

From: Teodoro Santoni <asbrasbra_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 18:00:08 +0200

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 09:18:25PM -0300, Henrique Lengler wrote:

> I know this type of tool can be very usefull in a lot of situations, but
> not to be used as a IRC client as it cames.

What you're searching for is a user interface. Sic and ii don't give any,
they are tools to convert from text to irc and viceversa.
You can make this, in UNIX fashion, with the tools you can find in a *nix
system, like a shell script to pipe the input anytime you send a line to it
and a colorizer for the output. Or forking sic to put a better console
interface in it.

Maybe, tho', you'd be interested in quIRC or similar clients.

--
Teodoro Santoni