Re: [dev] SGI Irix look (4Dwm)

From: Alexander Huemer <alexander.huemer_AT_xx.vu>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 09:57:17 +0200

Hi.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 12:14:32AM +0000, orangeprince_AT_hushmail.com wrote:
> If anything, Apple's dominance has made people familiar with the Unix
> command-line, which is certainly better than had they been using
> Windows.

Oh. Where does this come from?
People are steered away from the commandline through Apples efforts.
Or do you have some concrete example I do not grasp at the moment?
At least the people I know who are using OSX do not even know what a
terminal emulator is, let alone that there is one on their machines.
When they look at my desktop they say things like

        Oh, it's broken. Do you think you can fix it? You are a nerd,
        right?

It's dwm with a bunch of st windows.

Kind regards,
-Alex