Re: [dev] SGI Irix look (4Dwm)

From: Andrew Gwozdziewycz <web_AT_apgwoz.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 10:32:17 -0400

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 8:42 PM, <orangeprince_AT_hushmail.com> wrote:
>> Why not patch dwm to draw the appropriate decorations around windows?
>> It can't be that difficult to do, and the code base is easy enough to navigate...
>
> Hi,
>
> By patching do you mean configuring some file or actually modifying dwm's code base? Are there any examples out there I could start off with?

dwm supports changing colors around, but that's not going to get you
close to where I think you want to be. You'd have to learn how dwm
draws stuff and modify the source. Luckily for you, dwm is like 2,000
lines of fairly readable C, and not all that complicated.

I haven't looked, but you might also find a patch to get you started
here: http://dwm.suckless.org/patches/

--
http://apgwoz.com