Re: [dev] surf rewrite for WebKit2GTK

From: Daniel Camolês <bigatojj_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 21:48:18 -0200

> On 28/10/2014, Daniel Camolês <bigatojj_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>> That's interesting, but there is a problem. How do you execute
>> untrusted code? Maybe some kind of virtual machine?
>
> Thus, or in capability mode.

Capability mode would require the target operating system to have this
kind of feature. Given a world that have more than one operating
system working on people's computers, maybe it is simpler to port a vm
than implement capability mode everywhere?

> Most program distribution systems what I know share this problem. It
> is the user's responsibility to properly confine untrusted code.

Well, I can't say that to the grandma who wants to see her grandsons
pictures on the Internet.