Re: [dev] rebooting the web (it was: surf rewrite for WebKit2GTK)

From: Teodoro Santoni <asbrasbra_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 23:05:53 +0100

Good evening,

I'm not replying to anyone, I need a starting point to avoid demotivation for
speculating on this problem.
So, you guys wanna get your feet in lava while your hands swim in shit.
Is there something that does what, at the core, (X)HTML v.X does, without
being that shitty?
A document (or UI) format that loves to specify the tree of elements in it,
supports media elements without putting them _over_ the text, is free as in
far west freedom, and doesn't require to fuck up a parenthesis key.
Or a programming language that does what tcl/tk does, with the plethora of
tools tcl/tk offers, and can be easily restricted (it has to define rpc
services with built-in - or embedded in the #define sense - UI). The latter is
not that mandatory, but KISS HTML would be really sad if it was unsafe for the
clueless user.
Or both.

Not fucking trolling, and thanking a lot anyone that would have more luck than
me at duckduckgoing or googling.

--
Teodoro Santoni