Re: [dev] [website] [proposal] Add suckless logo and minor style change

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 14:35:09 +0100

On Tue, 3 Feb 2015 14:13:25 +1300
David Phillips <dbphillipsnz_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Nick,

> Images [1] and [2] are food for thought. Excuse my ugly sans serif
> fonts. A thin line has been inserted between the suckless logo and the
> page title in both images. In [2], the subtitle has been floated on
> the right to avoid cluttering the left hand side of the header.
>
> Like I said, just more food for thought.
>
> [1] https://i.imgur.com/vV54aqL.png
> [2] https://i.imgur.com/QMQxsiL.png

this is an interesting approach! However, I must admit that it adds too
much noise to the header for my taste.
The entire suckless-website has a horizontal approach with only one thin
dotted line separating the menu from the content.
It's a difficult matter to discuss, and most people I've talked to don't
read suckless but see both s'es as separated ones, as you also rightfully
analyzed earlier, thus making an additional vertical line unnecessary.

But I'm looking forward to what the others have to say about it.

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>