[dev] [ANNOUNCE] dvtm-0.14

From: Marc André Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 18:36:02 +0100

Hi,

I just released dvtm-0.14, the tiling window manager for the console:

 http://www.brain-dump.org/projects/dvtm/dvtm-0.14.tar.gz

with sha1sum

 205a2165e70455309f7ed6a6f11b3072fb9b13c3 dvtm-0.14.tar.gz

Changes include:

 * nmaster functionality available via MOD+{i,d} i.e. the possibility
   to change the number of windows displayed in the master area

 * "urgent flags" that is if an application issues a bell \a the urgent
   flag is set and the corresponding tag will blink

 * distinguish between return key and new line this fixes the behaviour
   of CTRL+j in certain applications

 * rudimentary support for the \e[?10{47,48,49}{h,l} xterm sequences
   to switch between alternate and normal screen buffer as used by
>= abduco 0.3

 * better Unicode support in the statusbar

 * the current layout symbol is displayed in the tag bar

 * the position of the status/tag bar is runtime configurable via MOD+S

 * code cleanups and fixes from static analyzers

 * DragonFly BSD support

In the future I would like to improve the scripting capabilities,
possibly replacing the current command fifo with a unix domain
socket such that bidirectional communication is possible. This
might eventually be used by vis to create new windows.

I'm also not too keen on maintaining the terminal emulation part.
What happened to the discussions of breaking out the terminal
emulation parts of st i.e. making it independent of the display
backend thus possibly allowing ports for Wayland and curses?

Cheers,
Marc
--
 Marc André Tanner >< http://www.brain-dump.org/ >< GPG key: CF7D56C0