[dev] Re: [dwm] Suckless graphics library

From: Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 12:30:44 -0800

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 08:56:33PM -0800, Eric Pruitt wrote:
> Quentin's changes to the dwm drw library are straightforward, and I'm
> considering porting st's font-fallback code to his Xft-supporting drw
> library, but I would also hate to put the effort into doing that only
> to have the API changed underneath me. I think the Quentin's patch
> would make a nice addition to the official dwm repo.

I went ahead and added fallback support on top of Quentin's patch, and
I've attached it to this email. Although I took the UTF-8 code and
general methodology from st, I also looked at [urvt's Xft font code][1]
(relevant part starts at line 1759), and my fallback font logic is
slightly different from st's as a result. I will push the Xft patch
combined with my fallback font changes to the wiki in the future after
I'm sure that the change doesn't introduce any major bugs. Constructive
criticism is welcome and appreciated.

  [1]: http://cvs.schmorp.de/rxvt-unicode/src/rxvtfont.C?view=markup

Eric