Re: [dev] [st] Strange behaviour with bitmap font

From: Wander Nauta <info_AT_wandernauta.nl>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 21:06:49 +0100

Hello,

> Is st really the only programm causing this glitch?

I did some more testing, and xterm also behaves weirdly, but only when
a program writes lots of output. St goes into disco mode almost
immediately. I thought it was only st because Chrome seems to be
immune.

> Have you tried updating your driver/firmware/kernel/Xorg to current versions?

Driver, kernel and Xorg are Arch Linux repo versions, which are
usually quite recent. I'm not sure about firmware.

Markus Teich said:
> This really looks like a fail in the graphics driver or hardware to me.

Yeah, I agree. I'm going to try nvidia's binary blob driver and report back.

Many thanks for the pointers so far.

Cheers,
Wander