Re: [dev][dwm] Systray and hipchat

From: Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 18:57:11 -0800

On Thu, Mar 05, 2015 at 09:40:56AM +0300, Yury Shvedov wrote:
> Yep! Sometimes I have the same glitches but It doesn't hurt me. But
> absence of an icon any time the client runs distress me. I have not
> much time to investigate this too but when I will, I would look to
> the code of something like trayer or stalonetray as an example.

I figured out how to get rid of the phantom icons -- I added this block
inside the SYSTEM_TRAY_REQUEST_DOCK conditional:

    if (!(c->win = cme->data.l[2])) {
        free(c);
        return;
    }

I haven't figured out how to fix the issue with icons not updating yet,
but that only ever seems to happen for me if I launch Pidgin and there
are no other icons in the tray yet. When you use hipchat then launch
another application that uses the systray, does the icon appear?

Eric