Re: [dev] Potential bug in st fallback font code

From: Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 22:51:52 -0700

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 06:39:49AM +0100, Christoph Lohmann wrote:
> Why are you throwing half‐baked bug reports at me without doing any de‐
> bugging on your own?

Sometimes, I don't have time to or feel like putting forth the effort to
debug code someone else broke. But going forward, I will think twice
before wasting my time reporting issues with st.

> First of all, this is suckless: Bug reports have to be opened with a
> patch attached. Second: Don’t reply to yourself if you don’t have any
> new information in it.

Each reply did add new information. I wasn't able to reproduce the issue
initially, and once I figured out how to, I replied in kind.

> When I find some way to reproduce the problem I will debug it as needed.

Read the last email I sent: use the xxd output to reproduce the problem.
The email that has the two pictures shows the problem: some characters
that render fine in the old build do not render correctly in the new
build; compare the top image to the bottom.

Eric