Re: [dev] Problems install st

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 18:49:34 +0100

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 17:05:02 +0800
Ivan Tham <ivanthamjunhoe_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> Off-topic question: What is the pros and cons of c and go language?
> And the performance of their language.

I must admit, Go almost cut it for me. It simplifies a lot of things,
but it suffers from 2 major flaws:

1) Too much stuff is in the standard library, effectively leading to
   stdlib-monotony, leading to the second point:
2) The binaries are too bloody huge! They easily break the 1M sound-
   barrier. It comes at a price that they ship a GC even for the most
   trivial program. They don't plan to change this.

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>