Re: [dev] Potential bug in st fallback font code

From: Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 11:34:05 -0700

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 07:02:12PM +0100, FRIGN wrote:
> As much as I love hating pango, it's also the only
> library I know of which handles assembled characters
> properly.

Actually, Xft handles combining characters just fine. With my dwm /
libsl Xft patch, combined character sequences render perfectly in my
status bar. Also, Urxvt, which uses Xft, also renders combined
sequences. This is something I noted in a previous thread I started
(http://lists.suckless.org/dev/1406/22486.html).

Eric